Hey! I'm Ross, "The RV Engineer!"
RVs can be a little scary, can’t they?
You’re handed the keys after a hurried 15-minute walk-through. Now you’re in charge of a factory-built home on wheels that experiences a hurricane and an earthquake every time you drive through a rainstorm.
As a designer and RV engineer, I get your frustration. My industry isn’t necessarily known for award-winning customer service, now is it?
This blog contains industry-insider information about how RVs work. Get your info straight from the horse’s mouth – er, or mine, anyway. You have a friend on the “inside” now!
Don't want to miss my latest?
Every month, I send out a monthly email newsletter.
- Latest blog posts
- Some industry insider information
- Questions From the Road Column
- And more!
If you’re serious about RV ownership, you should check it out. Just sign up to the left. You can also send me a direct email at my About/Contact page.
Cool RV Gear
Today, I’m taking a furlough from my usual topics of electricity, towing, and poop, and taking a foray into the world of interior design. (Or lack thereof.) Today’s topic: Your RV mattress. And why your
Dear RV Owner, I’m … I’m sorry. On behalf of the RV industry in which I work, I sincerely apologize for that pitiful, unsanitary, awkward, awful excuse for a wastewater disposal system we installed under
Most RVs are equipped with an on-demand water pump. The water pump is the heart of your freshwater system. It pressurizes the water from your fresh water tank for delivery to your sinks, showerheads, and
Wondering what’s the gas mileage of a motorhome? Bad news, folks. RVs are exempt from EPA fuel economy ratings. Every passenger car and light truck sold in America has a fuel economy rating. When you
Buying or selling an RV?
Check out my 100-point (and growing!) RV PDI checklist.
You can download it for free. Use it to conduct a thorough PDI inspection of an RV before purchasing or selling.
Just my way of saying thanks for being a Reader 🙂
Want to get the most out of this blog?
If you want to get the most out of this blog, bookmark AskTheRVEngineer.com in your web browser! Return whenever you need a technical refresher.
- You can view every single article I’ve ever written about at the article index, organized by niche.
- For questions asked by real RVers like yourself, read the Questions From the Road column.
- I also keep a list of RV products I recommend. You’ll get my honest opinion!
- You can also peruse a list of RV discount clubs and memberships that will help you save money on the road.
- For the other side of the RV world, like insurance, buying and selling, towing calculators and checklists, you can visit my sister site, Changing Gears.
- For RV and camping lifestyle tips, I invite you to check out one of my newer projects, Wayfinding Wheels.
Looking for the best of the best? The below is some of my cornerstone content. Here, you’ll find free online e-books, original research, topic deep dives and technical ultimate guides.
Want to Share Your RV Mod with the World?
The world would love to see your handmade dinette table, innovative storage solution or custom black water drain system! E-mail me an 800-word (or longer) write-up on your DIY mod story (with images), and I’ll send you $25 as a thank-you! Reach out to me via the About page, and I’ll get you started.